Coke Marinated Chicken Breast

Barry LaZar

TVWBB Member
My local store had boneless, skinless breasts on sale, so I bought some. In Myron Mixon's first book, he describes coke marinated chicken breasts. I looked at Myron's recipe and saw it would be really easy to replicate and it wouldn't take all day to cook, so, I tried it. I have to say that it turned out very well, moist and tasty. I used cherry for the smoking wood which was the right choice. I'd recommend this recipe to anyone who doesn't have a lot of experience and just a kettle. I suspect that it would be hard to mess up and it does impress the invited guests.

Thanks for the heads up, Barry. I need to give em a try.

Did they end up looking like the pic in his book? Reason I ask is that although there's no mention of it, they look glazed. What do you think?

Thanks for the heads up, Barry. I need to give em a try.

Did they end up looking like the pic in his book? Reason I ask is that although there's no mention of it, they look glazed. What do you think?

Dave,
No. Mine didn't look like Myron's. What I ended up with didn't look bad, but it wasn't as pretty as the picture. I, too, suspect that he used a glaze for the picture. From my readings, doing a "make up job" on food for photo presentations is not uncommon.

Sounds interesting and will need to try it too. I'm also one of those guys who likes BBQ's turkey legs that have been marinated in Sprite.

Back