CL finds, (NIB Statesman & Coppermist Smokey joe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd H.

TVWBB Super Fan
Here is a couple more CL finds from the summer that I thought I would share.

First is a Brand new 22.5 Red head (The Statesman!) I picked this one up from Cl a couple months ago. I paid new OTS price for it, and that was fine with me, Since it was new in the box and came with a bunch of new accessories! It came with a brand new Weber Corn and Tater ring, Weber rib rack and a Weber accessory kit, the accessory kit has a roast holder, drip pans, charcoal rails and a tool hanger in its box. The date code is L which makes it a 1989. The man told me he bought it new in 1989 and the accessories and never built it! Here is a few photos.

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

And the Accessories
IMG_3632.jpg

Next up is a late 60's Copper mist Smokey Joe I picked up from a lady off Craigslist. She wanted 7 dollars for it!
icon_biggrin.gif
And when I gave her the whole 7, she asked if I wanted to pay just 5!
icon_eek.gif
I told her NO the 7 was a fair price! She said her family had it in their basement as long as she could remember and they haven't used it! Here is a pic.

IMG_3638.jpg

Not a whole Family pic, but a few of the more recent ones!
IMG_3649.jpg

Thanks for looking and reading.

See, while everyone says that California gets all the deals, I never see New grills like the ones I see here..

I wonder if they make a Green with Envy grill!

AJ

I think Chicago is the hotspot. You and Jeff need to combine and start a museum. One that George Weber himself would be proud of.

BTW, I know it was either you or Jeff that picked this avacado up.
icon_biggrin.gif

Vintage Weber Charcoal grill 22 inch- avacado color5 days ago – Listed is a very old original, and rare Weber charcoal grill. This is a late 60's to early 70's grill. This grill is in excellent condition, ...
chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/clt/2509968275.html

Originally posted by Kendall Cook:
That's just wrong on so many levels
icon_wink.gif
I think Todd is a Weberaholic!

BTW, Todd do you have any idea why they use the larger wheels on 22.5 kettles in Europe? I notice your Copperhead has the same size wheels as a 26er. That's why those fancy colored ones always look like 18.5's and have a rake to them.

Thanks for the kind words!

Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
Very impressive! So, are you gonna "use" the new red one???
No, Jeff I have a few that are still new that I don't use. If I needed to I would, but I have other used kettles that are good for everyday grilling!(you know what I mean your the NIB master!)

Originally posted by Shaun R:
BTW, I know it was either you or Jeff that picked this avacado up. Big Grin

Vintage Weber Charcoal grill 22 inch- avacado color5 days ago – Listed is a very old original, and rare Weber charcoal grill. This is a late 60's to early 70's grill. This grill is in excellent condition, ...
chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/clt/2509968275.html

Shaun I let that one pass, I was out of town when I saw that one, and I think he wanted like $100 for it, or so! Hopefully a TVWBB member got it!

I think Todd is a Weberaholic!

BTW, Todd do you have any idea why they use the larger wheels on 22.5 kettles in Europe? I notice your Copperhead has the same size wheels as a 26er. That's why those fancy colored ones always look like 18.5's and have a rake to them.

Shaun, you got me! I am a Weberaholic! I realized that last year after I sold my Weber Ranger back to Weber for there museum over seas, and I had sellers remorse for about 2 months, LOL! (they really wanted it and gave me a great offer.) But if I could do it over again I wouldn't. There is a Weber 26in. Westerner at a bowling alley that I know of, But I cant get the guy to sell it to me. Hopefully he changes his mind!

And yes Shaun there Premium and master touch versions in Europe have the 26in. wheels and legs, It is kinda nice the way they sit up taller!

Thanks for the reply Todd. I really hope you can get the Westerner. How about offering a brand new 26er for it? I bet that would put him over. Until then maybe you can get a picture of it. By the way, Now that you mentioned it's near the bowling alley Jeff is gonna be casing the neighborhood. His sickness is in the advanced stages.
icon_biggrin.gif

Wow! I've never been THAT good w/Photoshop! They look real and not just a mean hoax you're playin' on all of us. Seriously, great finds. I'm still working on my sister-in-law on her 18" redhead.

Thanks for the reply Todd. I really hope you can get the Westerner. How about offering a brand new 26er for it? I bet that would put him over. Until then maybe you can get a picture of it. By the way, Now that you mentioned it's near the bowling alley Jeff is gonna be casing the neighborhood. His sickness is in the advanced stages.
icon_biggrin.gif

Shaun,I will try and get a pic next time I go through the area, it's a bowling alley in Michigan that I pass a few times a year on our way up to one of our family members beach house. And I did offer a new Weber! I check back every so often when I'm in the area to see if he hasn't changed his mind,haha.

And yes Jeff, you are in the advanced stages!!!

Originally posted by Richard Diaz:
Todd,

I've never seen a copper OTG with those wheels and the temp gauge on the lid. Did you mod it?

Richard, the copper is all stock. It's a European mastertouch model imported from Denmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back