CL find (Aristocrat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd H.

TVWBB Super Fan
A couple months ago I Picked up a 26 inch Red head (aristocrat) and just recently had a little time to clean it up. It was in decent shape overall, but needed a little touch up here and there, and a good cleaning! the 26 inch in red is very rare and this is the first one I've come across since I've been searching over the last couple years! any way here is a photo. (Jeff,K I told you I would post a photo when I got it, sorry its a couple months later!)
I have a few more Cl finds also from the summer but haven't cleaned them up yet. Now that the kids Baseball is over for the summer, that should leave me a little more free time. Thanks for looking

photo.jpg

Thanks for posting that Todd! Wow! That is one of the nicestlooking Webers I have ever seen! Please post a few more pictures of it.
icon_eek.gif

Oh, and please tell it's story.

That is my "white whale".... fantastic job cleaning it up - looks brand new. Would you take my first born??? Seriously - fantastic find.

wow Todd...it looks new! I thought you said it was pretty chipped up?? Did you touch it up? What did you use, can you post any closer up pics?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shaun R:
Thanks for posting that Todd! Wow! That is one of the nicestlooking Webers I have ever seen! Please post a few more pictures of it.
icon_eek.gif

Oh, and please tell it's story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shaun, the story is it popped up on CL out of WI. In a little town south of Milwaukee for 50.00$ listed as a Large red grill. I called the guy and he said it was his dads that he bought new and always had at there lake house growing up. He emailed me a photo and I told him I would take it!

When I got there it was a little rough, Missing the ash catcher, bottom vents bent a little and nasty and several missing porcelain chips.

The seller went on to ask me if it where special or something because he has received a lot of emails for it since he posted it. And while I was loading it he came back outside and said he just got another email for it with a photo attached of a guys large Weber collection! I asked if the guys name was Jeff,K and he said yes
icon_biggrin.gif
so due to his large interest in the grill he was firm on his price and I paid the full $50
icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">wow Todd...it looks new! I thought you said it was pretty chipped up?? Did you touch it up? What did you use, can you post any closer up pics? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was chipped up Jeff, and I used the normal Rustoleum high heat for touch up which is a real close match. I replaced the ash catcher, touched it up with the high heat pint, cleaned the inside, used 0000 steel wool on the whole grill and sanded the handle. It had no dents or rust so the restore turned out pretty decent!

It was starting to rain so I only took a couple pics and carried her back up to my storage in the loft of my garage.(for some reason the wife thinks 10 kettles or so sitting on are patio looks ridiculous
icon_rolleyes.gif
) I will take more photos of it when I get them all down and do a group family shot hopefully real soon. Here is another photo just closer up.

photo1.jpg

Todd,
Looks like you put some new parts on that grill.
Ash pan, etc.
Did you buy them from Weber? Can you please send me an email, I would like to get the part numbers and prioes if possible.
My email is in my profile. Just change the obvious mistakes.
Thanks, AJ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AJ S.:
Todd,
Looks like you put some new parts on that grill.
Ash pan, etc.
Did you buy them from Weber? Can you please send me an email, I would like to get the part numbers and prioes if possible.
My email is in my profile. Just change the obvious mistakes.
Thanks, AJ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AJ, the only new parts I put on it was the ash catcher and the little white leg cap on the bottom of the front leg. I did by them from weber but I don't have the part numbers, I just called them and they looked them up. The price was right around 10 dollars for the ash catcher, ash catcher clips and leg end cap. Hope this helps.

Thanks Todd, It looks to be the same one that goes on a 22. If it is, I can buy it from Amazon and save a few bucks in shipping.
Interestingly, the Weber site has differnet part numbers for the26 that don't seem to exist anymore.

PS Can't wait to see your other CL Finds!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AJ S.:
Thanks Todd, It looks to be the same one that goes on a 22. If it is, I can buy it from Amazon and save a few bucks in shipping.
Interestingly, the Weber site has differnet part numbers for the26 that don't seem to exist anymore.

PS Can't wait to see your other CL Finds! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AJ, it's not the same as the 22, it's the larger 26 inch ash catcher.

That aristocrat is so sweeeeeeeeeet! Nice clean up. I would be so proud to grill on that Todd. I have said before....sometimes I would rather have a good used one so I could use it rather than display it as a trophy.
icon_biggrin.gif
Ummm.....I still want ONE trophy though.

i was in seattle when that ad posted. i emailed about it, but was told that it had sold already.

i asked if the guy who bought it was named Jeff, the seller said no, but the guy who bought it knew of Jeff.

i almost cried when the seller told me it was sold.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TroyRedington:
i was in seattle when that ad posted. i emailed about it, but was told that it had sold already.

i asked if the guy who bought it was named Jeff, the seller said no, but the guy who bought it knew of Jeff.

i almost cried when the seller told me it was sold. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There there Troy. I can't say I don't blame you though.
icon_frown.gif
I'm just glad one of our got it.
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TroyRedington:

i almost cried when the seller told me it was sold. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Small world Troy! If I ever locate another one I will let You guys Know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back