Citrus marinated Halibut with black beans

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
Trying to add some fish into my diet. Not an easy task but halibut makes it worthwhile!
This was flash frozen so it still tasted very fresh. Marinated in fresh lime and orange with some garlic IMG_4858.jpegWhipped up some black beans, rice and a salad. This was kind of a Brazilian type of dish. IMG_4859.jpegIMG_4860.jpegCheers!

Grilled fish is always awesome. Looks like you're off to a great start there. if you're using fresh citrus juice in your marinade, watch out for making ceviche unknowingly. too much fresh acid in a marinade will turn your fish rubbery when cooked. ask me how i learned that!

garlic infused clarified butter is another way to impart great flavor and then finish with a squeeze of fresh lime or lemon. some of the best fish we've ever had was in Mexico and Alaska.

Richard, THANK YOU!!!!!! For what you say? Well, your post brought back all the happy times when I would go fishing. And it got me to thinking.........just because I am in this da*n wheelchair, who says I can't roll out on a fishing pier and have a great time. :love:

Love it! Wish I could cook like that much more often, but the wife and kids do not like fish (though the kids will gobble up fish tacos).

Looks delicious! Makes me want some nice charred fish like yours. I usually go for potatoes with my fish but like the look of those black beans and rice

Back