Chuck Roast Reheat?

Walter R

TVWBB Fan
I am planning to reheat a 9 pound chuck roast that has been smoked and frozen. I'm planning to reheat in the oven at 250 in a foiled pan with some beef stock. The roast is intact and will be pulled for sammies.

My question is what internal temp to take out at?? It was originally taken off the WSM at 195.

Thanks in advance!

I've read somewhere (I can't remember at this point) that you always want to reheat leftovers to 165 to make sure you kill off any possible bacteria that might have developed since the initial cooking and cooling. Not sure if it's true or not, but just thought I'd suggest it.

just need to bring it up to serving temperature - from what I've read in the Kruger safety thread, you're not going to cook the nasties that grow due to improper handling after the meat has been initially cooked, only before. (i.e. you can cook fuzzy green <raw> chicken to safe <maybe not delicious>, but once it's been que'd you have to chuck it if it sets out too long)

I would just cook it too a nice eating temp, not 165 (assuming it was cooled properly). I would also not bother reheating at a low temp such as 250 and would go more for the 350 since you are not recooking the meat and looking for anymore fat to render anyways.

Clark

As said it's already cooked, no need to cook it twice/again
icon_eek.gif
Reheat it in the oven covered tight in foil till warm enough to pull and serve, like 125-130º You can add some beef stock to the foil for moisture, I myself would do this step.
icon_wink.gif

For the Chuckies I always cook, pull, add my finishing sauce, vac seal, and then re-heat in boiling water in the vac bag. Best way to re-heat IMO.
icon_wink.gif

Thanks guys for the advice. The roast was cooled and then frozen that day. I'm cooking it later today and will warm it with some beef stock and pull. With all of your help, I'm sure it will be just fine.....

Bryan, I have lots of PP in the freezer in bags(found idea here of course) and agree that is best. Had two roasts to deal with at the time and chose this route.

Enjoy the day!

Back