Chicken and Waffles

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
First up, made a batch of waffles

Fried up some chicken thighs in some self rising flour, Lawry's Seasoning salt and black pepper. Fried the thighs for about 5 minutes a side then placed them indirect to finish cooking.

Placed some waffles on the grill to warm up and get them a little crispy too.

Plated with a little syrup

John, I feel like a punch drunk boxer: you knock me down w/ anyone of your posts, I get back on my feet, an' here comes the left... off the ropes for another slug and down I go! An' I keep coming back for more :p

John as had been said this meal is extraordinary, I would absolutely love a plate of that.

Can you tell me more about the procedure of frying with the self rising flour, I love the looks of that

I've heard of chicken, I've heard of waffles- I've never heard of them paired - Always something new around this place - Looks pretty wild! Cool cook -

John as had been said this meal is extraordinary, I would absolutely love a plate of that.

Can you tell me more about the procedure of frying with the self rising flour, I love the looks of that

I just did your normal, flour, egg wash and then dredge in seasoned flour method. Using the self rising flour does seem to give it a little more of a crisper crust. I'm not really sure though since I don't do a lot of frying to begin with.

Back