Cherry and Hickory

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
This weekend we made pulled pork. I must say this must of been one of my best in recent memory.

Started with a mix of hickory and Cherry. Then got lazy and just laid a big piece of cherry on top.

Pork butt rubs with a home made bbq rub that a friend sent me.

A few hours in

Then I wrapoed and decided to add butter. That was it

Plated and ready to eat

Sunday had some breakfast

Sunday night Maribel made pulled pork taquitos

Here's a 15 second Instagram video of the cook.

http://instagram.com/p/u2L5djxZGh/

Thanks for looking

Tony and Maribel

Last edited:
Another excellent cook...surprise, surprise! I like that butter trick

Isn't that cherry wood great? There's a cherry orchard not even an 1/8" mile from my house, last year I made them a baby back and filled my pick up with trimmings, I noticed they have another large pile of trimmings, I'll have to go see if they would like some pizza

Another excellent cook...surprise, surprise! I like that butter trick

Isn't that cherry wood great? There's a cherry orchard not even an 1/8" mile from my house, last year I made them a baby back and filled my pick up with trimmings, I noticed they have another large pile of trimmings, I'll have to go see if they would like some pizza

I like it. I even with that big piece of cherry nothing was over smoked or bitter.

Great cook Tony and Maribel, everything looks so yummy just pass a plate please.

Tony, did you notice a more distinct smoke ring after using the cherry? I read where cherry helps give a beautiful color, and when I used it (cherry, for the 1st time) I noticed a more defined (more mahogany colored) smoke ring. Anither great looking meal!
Tim

This is weird Tony. I placed a comment on this thread earlier today and now I don't see it. Anyway, looks great. I had remarked how I liked the same photo Jim singled out!

Tony, did you notice a more distinct smoke ring after using the cherry? I read where cherry helps give a beautiful color, and when I used it (cherry, for the 1st time) I noticed a more defined (more mahogany colored) smoke ring. Anither great looking meal!
Tim
To be honest Tim I didn't pay attention to the smoke Ring. When I was pulling apart I had friends and family looking and getting bits and pieces.

But I did notice a "clean" smoke flavor not sure if that makes sense.

Back