Checking in from Milwaukee, WI.

TouX

TVWBB Member
Greetings everyone! Long time lurker and finally thought I join to make some new friends. I love my Weber grills & smoker and truly enjoy dishing out delicious food for my family and friends. My first experience with a Weber grill was my dad's early '90s 22.5" kettle. My first Weber was a Smokey Joe. I would later buy a 2 burner Fiesta LP grill during an end of Summer clearance at Wal-Mart for $60. The grill was decent for $60, but everything (burners, flav bars, and frame) rusted out within 2 years. In 2008 after much reading on Internet about the quality of Weber, I decided to buy the Weber Spirit SP-310 and have never looked back. The Spirit SP-310 was night and day compared to the cheap-o Fiesta. Best $399 spent. Even had a great experience with Weber customer service experience before I even fired up the grill for the first time. One of the cabinet doors was warped and the side table insert didn't fit well, so Weber sent me replacement parts after talking with CS for 5 min. Throughout the course of owning the SP-310, I've never been satisfied with how ribs turn out using a gas grill. Then in 2010, I stumbled upon this fantastic site and AmazingRibs.com while researching how to cook better ribs. I loved the WSM but just wasn't ready to plunk $300 for a dedicated smoker. A couple months later, I found a brand new M stamped WSM in Chicago for $60 on Craigslist and have been making awesome ribs, pulled pork and brisket ever since. I recently scored a brand new 2013 OTG and 2013 Jumbo Joe for dirt cheap so the family has grown in size. I'm looking forward to learning more from everyone here and providing insight where I can. Here's a shot of the main members of my Weber family and what I cooked up on the new OTG.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Welcome to our world.
Nice looking family of grill you've put together.

We are coming out to spend Thanksgiving with our son in Milwaukee, so if I sniff out the smoke, I might be breaking into your yard,
but don't shoot, I'll bring some more grub to cook up!:wsm:

Back