Check it off the bucket list

Eric A

TVWBB Super Fan
Got up a 7 this morning and tossed my first fattie on the grill. Made it up yesterday afternoon, left it in fridge till this morning.
1lb breakfast country sausage from my local butcher, pepper jack cheese and roasted red and Anaheim peppers.

IMG_2185.JPG
thinking to much

ready to roll

IMG_2186.JPG

Got funky bacon, need to take more care picking bacon next time, this bacon was deformed

IMG_2187.JPG

added a couple of bacon strips around exposed areas. Then wrapped with plastic and stuck in fridge

IMG_2189.JPG

forgot to take pictures while on grill, this was my first fattie and first cook on the WSM, I think I was paying to much attention to the
grill and thermo, and all the other stuff. cooked till maverick said temp was 160 deg took about 1 1/2 hours to cook.
My Maverick said grill temp was at 266 that was all three lower vents closed and to vent 25% during last 45 mins????? !!!!

IMG_2190.JPG

whatever happened during cook, IDK, but turned out one tasty breakfast. Have a GREAT day!

Great looking meal Eric....I need to try this cook someday and will be happy if it turns out near as nice as yours.

A new WSM will run hot. Also the ambient temp of the outside will add to the heat. But don't worry you seem to have it all under control.

Thanks Paul, about 2 I threw more charcoal on and a turkey breast, see how that works. Lot's of questions, good thing I know where to find the answers.

Still on my "to do" list. Looks great Eric, I could eat breakfast anytime of the day and with a fattie like that, breakfast WOULD be all day long! Thanks for sharing!

Back