Charcoal Sales

I love it how these coal sales light up the forum every year at this time of year and also in the fall. Great to able to save a couple bucks.

I love it how these coal sales light up the forum every year at this time of year and also in the fall. Great to able to save a couple bucks.
I am starting a collection of things I bought because of reading this forum.

The most expensive thing so far has been the Summit Charcoal grill.

And so yeah, now I am buying charcoal too.

Thank you tvwbb. A great forum.

HD 2×16 17.xx but with Vetrans discount 1.60 off do I bought 3 packs I will see what the 4th of July is like to buy more.

Our Walmart has had the 2 pack of 16lb bags for $17.97 or something like that regularly and not on sale. I’ve bought it many times since last fall. A few years ago it made sense to drive 100 miles to the nearest Lowe’s to buy KBB, with these prices not so much

I started using Kpro from Costco when KBB got out of control. Two years using nothing but it and I like it a lot! Seems to have less ash and burns very cleanly. I think I’ve got about 250# out in the garage right now. Should get me through until fall.
Try it, it’s worth the experiment.
I could have written this.

I’ve ordered from Walmart twice for delivery and both times they only sent me half my order. Pretty frustrating

I really miss the days of the twin packs of KBB sales 3 times a year for $9.99 guess we will never see those days again.

51052088297_f19fb7dfef_b.jpg

Used to panic when it got below the handle of the musky net. At one time they were 2x20 pound twin packs. It has been well below that for a long time now. Going to try the Kpro at Costco thanks for the heads up. While I am at it didn't realize that Walmart delivers, going to try some as well. Years ago used Cowboy lump didn't even know they made briquettes now. Last time I was in Walmart was 6-7 years ago when they were blowing out Federal 16 gauge shotgun shells for $5 a box. That will get into a Walmart in a hurry.

I really miss the days of the twin packs of KBB sales 3 times a year for $9.99 At one time they were 2x20 pound twin packs.
Brings back memories of my dad loading up the car with all of my siblings. Sent us in with enough money for each of us to buy IIRC the limit of 5 bags per customer and then have to carry them to the backyard shed and rotate the old stuff to get used for that season of grilling and barbecuing

I don't use KBB much. My last order was in 2014 and I still have a few bags left. I was curious how much it was back then and dug this up from email.

1684945942147.png

I have a few bags of Kpro, and three bags of the long lost weber briquettes.

I go through more lump than briquettes and I would love to find a deal on some oak lump, or more JD XL.

I'm almost out of mesquite and need to pickup another 40 lb bag of lazzari.

You guys inspired me to have a look today. Walmart is offering $3 reward off per twin pk of cowboy briquettes limit qty 5 until tomorrow on their website. Pulled the trigger - 200lbs/$74.6 = $0.373/lb. Wife has the membership so they say they will deliver it today for free? We'll see if that happens. :) Even if I need to go pick it up I'm happy to replenish the stock. Thanks! (ps, not sure how the "rewards" work as I was charged full price at $89.6 upfront but in the account it says I have a $15 reward pending.... )

You guys inspired me to have a look today. Walmart is offering $3 reward off per twin pk of cowboy briquettes limit qty 5 until tomorrow on their website. Pulled the trigger - 200lbs/$74.6 = $0.373/lb. Wife has the membership so they say they will deliver it today for free? We'll see if that happens. :) Even if I need to go pick it up I'm happy to replenish the stock. Thanks! (ps, not sure how the "rewards" work as I was charged full price at $89.6 upfront but in the account it says I have a $15 reward pending.... )
iirc it's just a reward that goes back on your account for future use

Yep, transaction complete. $15 back on the account and charcoal was delivered to my front door less than 4hrs after ordering!
Nice. Hoping it is still going on payday. I dont really need more but thats a goood enough price for me to stock up on more

Back