Cedar Plank Herb Crusted Pork Roast

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
5 pound pork roast coated with a paste consisting of thyme, basil, rosemary, savory, minced
garlic, mixed with Red Chili olive oil. Put back into the refrigerator for a few hours.

Out of the refrigerator and hit with some sea salt and pepper. Mixed up a batch of ABT’s to go
along with the roast on the plank.

Put onto the Performer, using RO lump charcoal. Planning to cook between 375 – 400 degrees.

ABT’s are done!

Pork roast pulled at internal temp of 145.

Plated with boxed Hungry Jack Au Gratin potatoes, steamed broccoli and the ABT’s.

Delicious, flavorful and filling meal. Nice light cedar flavor to the roast and ABT’s.

Thanks for looking!

Pull up a chair and sit down to a Fantastic Dinner at The Coffman House Restaurante!
Reservations are suggested...

smiley-happy096.gif

Nice lookin pork roast Mike! Looks like a super dinner! I just tossed some of those boxed taters in the smoker about 2 minutes ago...funny you are serving the same!

Now I'm hungry!

What cut is your pork roast? The actuall butt i assume? Looks freakingawesome! A dinner i would LOVE to try!

Brian, not too much of a cedar flavor, just a small amount. I think that if it was any stronger it
wouldn't work, for at least me anyway. ;)

Daniel, no pork butt, this was a center cut loin roast, bones in. Actually uncut pork chops.

Back