Can't make up my mind ... Help Me!

Congrats on your Genesis. My old Genesis has 3 burners, a side burner, and all stainless steel grates and flavorizer bars (highly recommended). As for the side burner, I never use it: even on low it's too hot for keeping sauces, butter, etc. warm (the things I would use it for).

What kind of smoker did you get?

It is a Masterbuilt 800-Watt Electric Vertical Smoker ($200) I have two friends that have them and they like them. Also I have outlets on both my deck and my patio so I didn't see electric as being a problem. Also as a novice I thought the digital temp control would probably be a good thing.

Good choice. My charcoal-phobic BIL got a Masterbuilt electric. He cooks some great Q on it. Set n Forget so you can concentrate on your recipes and not worry about fire management. If you decide you're into smoking, get a WSM.

Well ... I dropped the big dollars today on the Genesis E-310. I have never had a sear station and don't really see the need. I have had side burners for years and have never used them. So instead of spending the extra $100 for the E-330 I added another $100 to that $100 and bought a Smoker. Never had a smoker before, this ought to be interesting. I appreciate all of the input, and wanted to follow up and let you know that I decided. Thanks Bunches!

what color did you get?

I am late to this party but congratulations on getting the new grill.
I went through the same decision process 3 years ago and chose the 330-s.
I love the sear burner, never used the side burner on any grill I have ever owned but it was there in case it was ever needed.
About a month ago I added a WSM to the outdoor arsenal and now I use the side burner to start the charcoal chimney.

How do you like your grill now that you have had it for just a little while?

Since you have an electric smoker I think you bought the right grill. I use my side burner to light my charcoal chimney for my smoker or kettle grill.

Back