Cambodian style spare ribs

Gary H. NJ

TVWBB Platinum Member
Seems I'm on an Asian kick lately. Even more so than usual. Saw this recipe and had to try.
"Set it and forget it" has its pros and cons. I can Q while clicking things off my honeydo list...
Chopping wood today. Luckily I remembered to do it before real summer arrived. In the low 80's today and dry...
photo1_zps24be4ca5.jpg

So here's the recipe for the ribs. Tasty and as suspected, subtle, so I kept the smoke low with two tiny chunks of apple. Didn't want to mask the flavors entirely. Took about 5 hours at 250, no basting. I keep it simple...
Sorry no prep pics, but you get the idea. The dipping sauce is a sweet, lime with garlic andThai chili sauce. Like I said -- worth it. Please try if you want a change up and like Asian flavors. Fresh lemon grass for the marinade is a must. No substitutions.
photo5_zpse3b70b20.jpg

I love eggplant, so here is Japanese nasu dengaku again with the long Asian eggplant. The sauce is a thick caramelized sugar and miso sauce (dengaku). Delish.
photo3_zpsb3f22cc7.jpg

Simple greens. This is tou-miao, snow pea tips stir fried with ginger/garlic oil and a little salt. That's it.
photo2_zps187904a5.jpg

Thanks for the visit. Hope everyone enjoys their week!

I'm far from being a vegan....and as good as those ribs look, that eggplant looks insane!!!!!!

all I can say is, WoW Gary! - That is beautiful - The ribs look wonderful, but that eggplant is off the charts. Nicely done. I bet it was delicious.

Looks good Gary - I can't wait to try the Cambodian style marinade - I have never had any Cambodian food so it will be an adventure for us...

Regards,

John

Back