Butternut squash spaghetti

I make this all the time except I don't use pasta. I use spaghetti squash and it pulls apart like pasta....
Make a red sauce, add ground beef, onions and mushrooms and lots of oregano and salt on the squash and you have something going on.
Looks good.....! Where are the meatballs!!!!!!!
I am big on meat these days.
Been working my way more towards the carnivore diet but not committing yet to see how I like it.
Eating lots of meat, going well so far.

Last edited:
Brett, that looks great. Never thought to use the butter squash that way but will give it a try. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I make this all the time except I don't use pasta. I use spaghetti squash and it pulls apart like pasta....
Make a red sauce, add ground beef, onions and mushrooms and lots of oregano and salt on the squash and you have something going on.
Looks good.....! Where are the meatballs!!!!!!!
I am big on meat these days.
Been working my way more towards the carnivore diet but not committing yet to see how I like it.
Eating lots of meat, going well so far.
The goal was light and easy to digest, so no meat. It was a filling meal and I paired it with a Costco labled Sauvignon Blanc from NZ.

If anyone is going to make this, especially for a hot summer’s day dinner, I’d add a few charred cherry tomatoes atop this for some acid and brightness.

Brett, that looks great. Never thought to use the butter squash that way but will give it a try. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Neither did I until I ran across this. I’ve made a few recipes from this website. Suzy, the chef, also has a YouTube channel. Her food is Mediterranean diet and very flavorful and easy to prepare. Check it out.

My next butternut squash dish is a soup. This squash is very versatile and takes on other flavors well.

The goal was light and easy to digest, so no meat. It was a filling meal and I paired it with a Costco labled Sauvignon Blanc from NZ.

If anyone is going to make this, especially for a hot summer’s day dinner, I’d add a few charred cherry tomatoes atop this for some acid and brightness.
The MRS's favorite in my hood......sauv from New Zealand, the Marlborough region tend to make same tasty ones for sure, I think it's her fav even though she doesn't know it.....;)

Back