Butt Question

Brad H.

TVWBB Fan
Hey all!

Question...I've used the Mr. Brown technique for my Butts since getting my smoker a couple years back...with the only change being that now I've gone to using mustard to hold on the rub...

Do butts really need to sit in the fridge overnight as per the Brown directions? Or, can I simply put on the rub...throw the butts in the fridge...fire up the smoker...and then put them on as in the "mustard" directions...thoughts? Experiences?

I don't think the overnight wait adds anything that would make any decernable difference in the final verdict.

I always put the rub on whatever I'm smoking first,then I start to set up the smoker. As soon as th lit is added and the center section is put on the bowl then on goes the meat.

What is Kingborg Charcoal that you mention???

Al

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What is Kingborg Charcoal that you mention??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's a Star Trek reference.

Just a play on the Star Trek reference to the Borg...morphed it with Kingsford...there's so many that get sucked into Kingsford without trying other charcoals...it's like the Borg...even when it changed...
icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
I rub mine right before they hit the smoker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ditto.
icon_smile.gif

Just did my first cook without kingsford and did 3 racks of spares. Wow! what a difference in flavor etc. I won't be using briquettes ever again for smoking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jefferey:
Just did my first cook without kingsford and did 3 racks of spares. Wow! what a difference in flavor etc. I won't be using briquettes ever again for smoking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Brings a Tear to my eye that yet another has saw the light.
icon_biggrin.gif
Come on over to the Royal Oak Briq or lump side. There's flavor to be had just by using better charcoal, IMO
icon_wink.gif

Back