Butcher store in Atlanta area?

Central to North East Atlanta would be the most convenient but right now looking for a good price on prime/choice standing rib roast for the herb crusted prime rib recipe here on VWB.

Central to North East Atlanta would be the most convenient but right now looking for a good price on prime/choice standing rib roast for the herb crusted prime rib recipe here on VWB.

Whoops. Central to North WEST Atlanta would be most convenient.

The Butchers Market in Woodstock is really good. It's on Hwy 92 coming into Woodstock from Roswell on the right. They have great cuts and also have lots of different rubs and sauces.

Star Provisions. Harry's Farmers market in Marietta. I'm sure you can order from places. Patak is a good meat market in West Cobb. Heywoods in East Cobb.

Last edited:
Try DeKalb Farmers Market on E. Ponce de Leon, just inside I-285. Their meats are good and reasonably priced. A lot to see and taste there too! Vegetables from all over the world. Star Provisions would be very good, but pricey...it is associated with Bacchanalia. You might also check out Buford Hwy Farmers Market, which has a large meat department, although I haven't bought any there yet. It is located on Buford Hwy (duh) immediately outside of I-285. If you are going outbound on Buford Hwy, it will be almost immediately after the bridge, on the left.

Rita

It looks like The Butchers Market is the winner so far! I did try Patak and they only carry standing rib roasts closer to the holidays. BTW, I know prime grade will be the best however, as this is just for a test cook, I am going with choice.

How much difference do people see in choice vs prime?

Try www.blocknblade.com and try www.wilkesmeat.com. Block has locations in Braselton and Flowery Branch. Wilkes has locations in Cumming and Suwanee. I know Wilkes in Suwanee use to carry Prime steaks but it has been a few years since I've visited. I've hear Block has good meats also but personally never tried it.

Last edited:

Back