Burgers from scratch...

R; those burgers look fantastic. Great Job!!!

I also like grinding my own and have been using boneless short rib meat from Costco; really good!! I do trim some of the excess fat but leave a fair amount. ATK recently did a burger episode using hanger steak and I'm going to try that next.

Is that a Quinoa salad or CousCous? Nice healthy side dish.

R; those burgers look fantastic. Great Job!!!

I also like grinding my own and have been using boneless short rib meat from Costco; really good!! I do trim some of the excess fat but leave a fair amount. ATK recently did a burger episode using hanger steak and I'm going to try that next.

Is that a Quinoa salad or CousCous? Nice healthy side dish.
Pine Nut Cous Cous

And thanks!

So I bought the food grinder attachment to the Kitchenaid stand mixer and decided to give it a trial run.

First of all, fantastic looking burgers! Is the Kitchenaid meat grinder fairly straightforward to use? My mother-in-law gave me one as a gift a few years ago, and I'm quite embarrassed to say that I haven't used it yet.

First of all, fantastic looking burgers! Is the Kitchenaid meat grinder fairly straightforward to use? My mother-in-law gave me one as a gift a few years ago, and I'm quite embarrassed to say that I haven't used it yet.

It's very easy.

There are videos on youtube that show you how to assemble and use it, if you feel timid.

A couple of important steps are:

Cut the meat into cubes that fit down the shaft easily. I set the meat out on a sheet tray after cutting it up and put it into the freezer for about 10-15 mins.
Keeping the corkscrew part and the blade and cutting die in the freezer as well helps to prevent the meat from getting stuck.

Back