Bullet Head in Montana

Nathan B

Hi all, I'm somewhat of a newbie to this. I've been cooking on the WSM for going on three years. I'd done some smoking on electric smokers previously, but an opportunity came up and I made a trade for a used (one time) 22 1/2" bullet. I added a second 22 1/2" to my collection this past spring. I've also got a cheapo Char-broil offset smoker that sees most of it's use as a grill.

I've cooked in a couple of very small local competitions and really enjoyed them. I'm planning on doing a few more larger comps this year. So far pork seems to be my strongest category.

Prior to this winter I didn't do much cooking during the winter, but I decided to change that this year. I am happy to report that so far everything has went smoothly on that front. I've got sub-zero cooks of prime rib, pork butt, and tri-tip under my belt. I can't say I enjoy winter cooking as well as I do warm weather cooking, but the results are still delicious. Smoking pork at -8 with freezing rain is quite an experience.

Well enough lurking for me. Hopefully I'll have something to contribute to this forum from time to time.

Hello. Welcome. We have something in common... Eating bbq pork is my strongest category. Hehe

Don't lift the lid...

Back