BSCB- What's your go to?

Briant

TVWBB Member
We use Stubbs Chicken Marinade a lot. Sometimes use a dry rub and glaze with whatever bbq sauce we've got in the house.

I'm curious what you all do with the plainest of the plain. Any good rubs, marinade, brines or sauces you use that the family loves?

Cut a large breast into 3 long slices. Roll it in Louisiana Seasoned Crispy Fish Breading. Fry in peanut oil.
You can do it on the grill, just be careful.

I actually really enjoy BSCB, but only if it's a nice thick breast. I keep it simple with salt, fresh coarse pepper, and just a light coating of your favorite bbq sauce a few min before it's finished. I like to go real hot direct on both sides, shove it off to the side with some sauce on it, then just a couple min before pulling I put it back over the coals to caramelize the sauce. Delicious.

Satay, with a peanut sauce,
Sprayed with EVOO, dusted with salt and pepper and a bit of Herbes de Provence (reverse sear)
Overnight in equal parts BBQ sauce, Dijon mustard and horseradish, shaken off, reverse sear. Have not done that in quite a while, when the damned snow stops.....

I did 8 BSCB the other night. I used 4 different rubs after a short brine. Left all vents open and cooked on high heat. I sliced them in half because they were so thick and we made sandwiches out of them. Took about an hour and 20 minutes and the most moist chicken even after several days. My wife was out of town and the kids and I had a different flavor chicken every night while she was gone.

I'm curious what you all do with the plainest of the plain. Any good rubs, marinade, brines or sauces you use that the family loves?
When you just want something to spice it it, these get the job done

k2-_b340022b-0d22-43cd-9c59-bfc25821a43b.v1.jpg-01b4f13934895c2e86d51ee0fa15e5a2b6375529-optim-450x450.jpg

k2-_98d53900-77dc-4008-b0ca-15bfe203ab65.v1.jpg-acf2d3414dfadcdb5bcdc93665dd67415200ed78-optim-450x450.jpg

BSBC is best with salt and pepper, grilled fast on hot, and served on a soft bun with lettuce, onion,and mayo.
If you feel you need to sauce it up, I 90% of the time go with a white BBQ sauce on chicken. Looks weird but tastes OMG!

Andrew, I presume you are buttering and grilling the buns?
The basics can so often be overlooked, salt and pepper can make for gustatory bliss! The other day, I did a couple of pork steaks with nothing but S&P and some nice chunks of cherry! No sauce, no rub, not one blessed thing! They were just wonderful! I might revisit that tomorrow, after I clear the last of the 13 inches of snow we got today!

Prefer boneless thighs, but either way....marinate in mojo, season with Montreal chicken and/or Jane's crazy salt. Indirect with a very short direct finish.

When I make chicken souvlaki I use paprika, garlic powder, oregano, olive oil and a fruity wine, For BSCB I will leave out the wine

I like to pound them so they are the same thickness throughout, season them with whatever I feel like at the time, grill them and make one of my favorite sandwiches, Bacon Avocado Chicken with lettuce, tomato and a lot of mayo.

Shee-Cone Alla Diavolla:
Quick and easy (I don't measure anything)
-Put chix breasts in a non-reactive bowl
-Squeeze about 1 whole, juicy lemon for every two breast halves over the top
-drizzle of Olive Oil
-Coarse Black Pepper (lots of it, until the outside of the chicken is visibly "dusted")
-Dash or two of Kosher Flake Salt

Grill 'em up over medium heat - can serve plain with Salad or grilled veggies, or slice & serve on a hoagie roll with lettuce, tomato, and Miracle Whip

Othewise - cut into strips and marinade in McCormick "Jamaican Jerk Seasoning" (made-up per directions)
grill quickly
serve on soft tortillas with choice of fixins'

o.jpg

That's a Ricobene's Chicken Vesuvio sammy, and one of my favorite ways to use BS breasts.
Edit: Take your pounded out breast and do a flour, egg wash and coat it in Italian seasoned BC. You could fry it in EVO or go kettle fried.
Toast a good Italian bun with garlic butter and add sliced ripe tomatoes and sweet onions with some lettuce and add some creamy Italian dressing on top.
Cheese and hot peppers are optional..

Tim

Last edited:
o.jpg

That's a Ricobene's Chicken Vesuvio sammy, and one of my favorite ways to use BS breasts.
Edit: Take your pounded out breast and do a flour, egg wash and coat it in Italian seasoned BC. You could fry it in EVO or go kettle fried.
Toast a good Italian bun with garlic butter and add sliced ripe tomatoes and sweet onions with some lettuce and add some creamy Italian dressing on top.
Cheese and hot peppers are optional..

Tim

this sandwich is something else

Back