brisket

mike sr

Started an 12lb-er ( before trimming) about 4:30 this am . Im still learning this thing as its my 2nd cook on it. Brisket was probably a bit of a stretch for me , but Ive done them before on the pellet grill so I have some experience with them. Minion with can method full basket of KBB and about 20 lit coals. Thought I had it dialed in but had a temp spike for about 45 minutes or so , up to as high as 290 , settled in at 245/250 which was my target temp. Im figuring out the vent process , as I go . I got an internal temp of 158 in the flat after 3 hours , hoping that the temp spike doesnt affect the final results. Just going to let it run thru the stall without wrapping it!

Final results , tender juicy , nice bark , good smoke flavor but the smoke ring wasn't as pronounced as it could have been, it was suggested above that the temp spike could have affected it! All in all I'm happy with my first brisket!

Excellent looking brisket, Mike ! :wsm:

It's heartwarming to see so many journeying out of the box to tackle the once mystical brisket. And getting great results in the process.

Bob

Excellent looking brisket, Mike ! :wsm:

It's heartwarming to see so many journeying out of the box to tackle the once mystical brisket. And getting great results in the process.

Bob
Thank you and the rest of the guys here, you fellers are a wealth of information !

Did you foil or just let it go? I ask because I see no mention of foiling but the time seems short if you didn't.

Last edited:

Back