Brisket Today for the Giant Game BABEEEEEEEE!!!

James H

TVWBB Pro
temps hitting the teens this morning BRRRRRRR....but no matter, Giants Packers at 4:30 today and what better way to get in the spirit than to Smoke a Packer!

Using the HH method on an 11 pounder, rubbing then immmediately putting on around 12 noon. Smoke at 325 for 2 - 2.5 hrs, then foil till tender, planning done around 4:30. let rest 30 minutes then separate point back on the smoker with bottom vents closed down for about an hour. then slice the flat and serve with Petrone's no. 5 sauce (son's favorite). We demolish the PAcker while the Giants demolish the Packers!.

After 1 to 1.5 hours, cube the point, sauce with thinned no. 5 and back on for around 45 minutes. Since this is my first burnt ends i will save some room for sampling and then lots of leftovers BABEEEEEE!!!!!!!

GO GIANTS! and you are still ok in my book Tim Tebow!!!!!

give the burnt ends plenty of time (2-4 more hours) and heat, I've still not cooked them to where I really like them... I want more-rendered...... (I've only done them a few times)

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">good luck on both ends james.</span>
icon_wink.gif

James, outstanding plan. I've used #5 on burnt ends and think next time I'd personally use a sweeter sauce slightly diluted with beef broth.

My typical approach is to cut & trim point when the entire packer comes off, then wrap flat. Rub point; back in for 2 hours. Cube and sauce; place in small container (I use aluminum tray) back in for an hour or so--until carmelized.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Bryson:
Go Cowboys....err...uh.....

Never mind.
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No love for the New Jersey Football Giants?

James what was better the brisket or the Giants pummeling of the Packers? The Packers can pack and go home.

Thanks for the messages Guys. And YES the packer was excellent, but RO lump was running out in I separated the point, but will save the Burnt Ends for later. Nice Flat Sammies with no 5 sauce some baked beans and a simpple salad finished it out. Though i feel like I have to unbutton my pants as I write this.

And now the GIANTS. All I can say is what a well coached and talented team that are in the most case good guys....and they are peaking at the right time.... Can't Wait for next week, Giants Niners!!!! maybe the burnt ends will come out!!!!!

Congrats to the Giants and New York.

if only manning wasn't with the Giants....
can not STAND the mannings... ely (sic), payton (sic), archy (sic) OR cooper...fta!

Hey James congrats on a great day all around. Do us all a favor and do another brisket NEXT Sunday. We need another WIN!

Congrats to the Giants! They deserved that win yesturday..Go Luck next week...now I can have my Sundays back
icon_smile.gif
Where is the snow I need to get my Artic Cat out on the trails......

Well done brisket is always a good thing and I see a lot of nice looking briskets here. Haven't done one since last summer - need to get off my butt!
Liked the games over the weekend. Here's my predictions for next weekend & Super Bowl.
49'rs over the Giants in a classic game that may come down to the final possesion.
Ravens upsetting the Patriots in Foxboro.
Ravens over the 49'rs in a great Super Bowl!

Back