Brisket slicing question

Chris W.

TVWBB Pro
Every time I've cooked brisket, I've cooked it the day before, stored it in the fridge overnight to cool, then sliced it with my electric slicer the next day and reheated it. I'm planning a cook for the 4th of July and don't want to cook it the day before, so I thought I'd garner opinions here on what you guys do with slicing hot brisket. I figure a good hot knife will work, but I'd like to hear what everyone else does.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris W.:
so I thought I'd garner opinions here on what you guys do with slicing hot brisket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Let the brisket rest about 30 minutes, not in foil. Nothing will give you dry brisket faster than slicing one while it's too hot. JMO

The first answer was the best answer: a 12" or 14" granton edge slicer is the way to go.

We've been using a Forschner brand granton edge slicer for the last 5 years and it makes slicing a well cooked brisket nearly effortless.

21TCJ6MKGVL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vincent Carrocci:
The first answer was the best answer: a 12" or 14" granton edge slicer is the way to go.

We've been using a Forschner brand granton edge slicer for the last 5 years and it makes slicing a well cooked brisket nearly effortless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto on the Forschner 14", like the one in Gerd's photo. They are very inexpensive considering. Haven't had to resharpen mine yet, but I make sure to protect the edge when stored.

Agreed, the Forschner 14" is amazing. I found mine on Amazon for around $40 and it's well worth the investment.

Back