brisket problems/need some advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_W

TVWBB Super Fan
I have cooked maybe 3 briskets so far. I'm a pork and poultry fan I rekon.

The briskets have been good though. I seem to have alot of waste in the point end. My bunch won't eat nothin but the flat end. Too much fat still in the point for them.

Should I separate and continue to cook the point end? Will all the fat render out of the point?

Jim

well dont throw that point out..if you want i think some ppl leave it on till it gets a lil burnt......some like it like that....enjoy.....
we happen to like the point better than the flat....lots of fat and moist.....

i say leave it on for awhile

Believe it or not, most of the fat can be removed without too much difficulty. Of course, there will still be plenty of rendered fat, but the "skin" and other fat layers can be scraped off completely.

JIM, I hear you on the point. I seperate the flat from the point before i put the brisket on the WSM. The flat always gets done before the point and it's easier to seperate them before you start JMO. Some will argue this but stogie told me this a couple of years ago and have done it that way ever since. My gang only likes the flat also. I think it has to do with the texture of the point more than any thing. Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back