brisket high heat cook

Richard Laiche

I am fairly new to bbq and have a question about one of the steps for the high heat brisket cook. For photos 8 and 9 when the brisket is wrapped with foil and smoked for another few hours. Is this done with the smoker lid on or off?

I am fairly new to bbq and have a question about one of the steps for the high heat brisket cook. For photos 8 and 9 when the brisket is wrapped with foil and smoked for another few hours. Is this done with the smoker lid on or off?
richard, I have a video of a high heat brisket cook on my YouTube channel. If you're interested in watching it let me know.

Glad the links worked. All my videos are pretty raw, no editing, sometimes my son will put his finger over the mic and we'll lose sound for a minute or two, there's usually a cocktail or two happening too. Pretty raw stuff, but people still seem to enjoy them. I need to re-shoot my rib and steak cook, also want to do a pizza cook. Doing bacon this weekend maybe I'll record that. Anyway, glad they helped.

I noticed that you did not use a probe after you foiled it and put it back on the smoker. Since this will be my first high heat cook, I will most likely have to use one. What target temp am I looking for before taking it off and letting it rest?

I noticed that you did not use a probe after you foiled it and put it back on the smoker. Since this will be my first high heat cook, I will most likely have to use one. What target temp am I looking for before taking it off and letting it rest?

Richard, I've never had luck using a probe during the foil phase, I get crazy readings that are inaccurate. I go by time and feel. I let her go two hours foiled and then start checking for tenderness. Other may have advice on using temp probe during foil phase.

Back