Brisket flats - Injection?

FAB B or beef broth? I have both, but have never used either. Any reccomendations? Is it worth the effort to get Prime vs. Choice when it comes to brisket? Appreciate they help. thanks

You are going to get an array of answers, but to me...I always by CAB which is choice or top third of choice. I think the end product is better. However, if you inject I do not think it makes that big of a deal and the price diff may not be worth it. I use KOSMOS beef injection, which is somewhat new but making big news. I have tried them all, but this is top notch. His prices are very reasonable. The injection will def. add flavor and keep the brisket moist...not overpowering but worth trying. When it comes to brisket, fat cap up/down foil/not..ask ten people...you will prob get ten diff answers. There is not a right/wrong if you and the people you are cooking for like it..its all good. But I would "experiment" to find what fits your needs. Let us know your results.

Hi Dave,

Where are located in Pittsburgh? I'm about 40 miles north east of Pittsburgh. I'm still looking for a decent priced brisket.At my local stores they are $3.50-$4.00 a pound.Curious if you pay alot less and if so where do you buy them?

Thanks.

Joe, I live down South in Peters Twnshp. The Giant Eagle carrys Angus Choice Brisket Flats for $4.99 a pound. They claim they can't get whole briskets. I buy whole briskets at Wal-Mart for the same price range as you....

Hi Dave,

I just talked to a friend of mine and if you know anyne who has a restraunt depot card whole packers are $1.87 lbs.The average is 14 lbs.
Also check out his site.He just started a bbq business.He sells lump,grills,dizzy rubs,products from bbq guru.
https://www.ceramicgrillworks.com/Home.html

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if you know anyne who has a restraunt depot card </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are a member of the KCBS, then you can get a card under their # and shop at Restaraunt Depot, I just got my card yesterday, all you have to do is go in with you KCBS members card and the KCBS access number and presto your very own card. What a place, they have choice briskets for 1.75/lb and CAB briskets for 1.90/lb an awesome deal.

Back