Brining a standing rib roast

Kent

TVWBB Member
Another thought. Have any brined a standing rib roast. I don't find much of anything about it on the internet. It's a fairly expensive experiment. I would think you would not use much seasoning, and maybe only salt.
Thanks again,

Brining is used to add moisture and flavor to meats that are easily overcooked and lacking in flavor. I personally think it would be a shame to brine a standing rib roast. It's got plenty of flavor and moisture if cooked correctly. It doesn't need brining. Don't do it!
icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

It doesn't get any better than a good rib roast. Good marbling doesn't need any brining. Don't overcook and it will melt in your mouth.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Allingham:
Brining is used to add moisture and flavor to meats that are easily overcooked and lacking in flavor. I personally think it would be a shame to brine a standing rib roast. It's got plenty of flavor and moisture if cooked correctly. It doesn't need brining. Don't do it!
icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. There are lots of things you can do from a seasoning standpoint if you want to experiment a bit.

they are typically dry aged, which actually removes moisture to concentrate the beef flavor. quite the opposite of brining.

Agreed do not brine a rib roast. Basic salt and pepper works fine. If you want to get fancy use Chris's herb crusted recipe from the cooking topic section. Yummy!

Back