Braves tailgate wings on WSM in downtown Atlanta

First off, glad we didn't lose tonite since I had tickets. Me and some friend tailgated outside the stadium and brought the WSM to do some wings. Rubbed them down with my standard pork/chicken rub and smoked them between 275-300 most of the cook with some temp swings and having to use the door to my advantage a few times to get the temps up where I wanted them. Cooked about an hour flipping half way through, also cooked brats around the outside edge of wsm to kindof grill them (sorry no brat pics, but they did have a nice smoke ring). Used blue bag and home cut pecan as usual.

had to start out making rub because I didn't have any.

I love the braves. Always have. (If you're a Red Sox fan it's ok to like the braves because they started out here.!)
you know , I've only tailgated a couple of times , but it is SUCH a blast! Next time I go , I'm bringing my smoky joe.
your wings & stuff look great. How did you transport your WSM?

Don't ever cook that again while tailgating for a Braves game. It just might have helped them win. :cool:

Great looking cook and way to support your team. Go Blue!

Looks like a good time... Reminds me of 3 years ago when I went to see the Red Sox with my son... Good food and game...

Back