Blackstone Pellet Grill and Griddle Combo

IDK much about griddles. I guess that portion is pretty decent from what I see. The pellet grill portion looks decent. Doesn't look like it is double wall construction. I like the CI grates and the upper grate versatility. I don't like the grease bucket thing. Quite honestly though if I were going to purchase a griddle it would be this one https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-...er-gas-griddle/prod26361712?xid=plp_product_5
I have looked at enough Blackstones (and others) to know they may be decent but quite honestly that MM pushes a lot more build quality buttons in my book. And currently at $399 on sale, I could buy that and buy this https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-...er-and-smoke-tray/P03030174?xid=plp_product_1
And have about $200 left over for some really nice ribeyes, some briskets or what have you over the Blackstone offering AND have an induction burner sear station on top of it.
No brainer as I see it

While I wish I was in the market for pellet pooper.......I am kind of in the market for a flat top however.
Without checking the pricing it looks pretty cool, I don't have 81 inches of spare space unfortunately.

I went from a 24” Hunsaker round plate to a 36” Blackstone and I don’t think I’d go any smaller than a 36” unless I got a portable one for camping.
When I do my outdoor kitchen I’m going to see about going commercial size.
I don’t know much about pellet cookers other than my family has had bad luck with them not lasting very long.
I think my mother buys one every 2-3 years.
Yeah I guess you could fix or rebuild them but I wouldn’t find much pleasure in that.

I went from a 24” Hunsaker round plate to a 36” Blackstone and I don’t think I’d go any smaller than a 36” unless I got a portable one for camping.
When I do my outdoor kitchen I’m going to see about going commercial size.
I don’t know much about pellet cookers other than my family has had bad luck with them not lasting very long.
I think my mother buys one every 2-3 years.
Yeah I guess you could fix or rebuild them but I wouldn’t find much pleasure in that.
Costco had a portable Blackstone one a few weeks ago for $200, came in a carrying case and everything. I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting it. Great price.

I gave my son my 36" Blackstone, bought me a 17" Blackstone single burner, both works great but smaller is better these days for just me and the wife. grand kids use to be here every weekend lol.

On the past weekend I got my hands around a Blackstone 36" for the first time.
I didn't use it much as I was the guest, but I toyed a bit with the food.
I was keeping all my thoughts to myself as the cook was happening and I kept wanting to turn up the heat but everything came out pretty good.
To many chiefs doesn't make the cooking process better.........
The steel gets pretty darn hot.......
As much as I think I really want one, I have some feelings I kind of don't want one at the same time.
The owners of the house I was at kept talking about their " internet guide " ......... named Blackstone Betty......and that is where they get all their tips from. I don't know this Betty person but she sounds pretty important.

This really good smasher has dropped in price significantly fairly recently. From $40 to $24. Might be worth a look. Sasquash.

1710951822585.jpeg

I'm with @LMichaels here and would go for the separate units at Sam's if I were in the market for and/or had room for either another pellet pooper, a griddle or both. It wouldn't take long to find a use for the extra couple hundred bucks either. All of my cookers are basic and functional, just the way I like it. Combined units and extra bells and whistles may be fine but not for me.

Back