Bite size ribs?

Jason de Weerd

Hoping someone can chime in on a quick question. We are having the annual xmas party next weekend, and I am hoping to smoke back ribs as one of the "snacks". My question is, would it be possible to get the racks of ribs cut in half (length wise) so they are more bite size, or would it be best to just smoke as usual and allow the guests to get good and messy with normal sized ribs. Anyone???

Any thoughts appreciated!
Jason

I've served normal-sized ribs at parties and they're fine. Just sauce and cut into individual bones. For lack of a better approach, I just threw them in a crock pot on low and served them right out of that.

Regards,
Chris

Second on what Chris said. If you're worried about portion size, just select smaller ribs. The crock-pot works great for reheating and holding at temp. Folks tell me it actually improves the taste.

I have the butcher saw them down the middle. Smoke and cut individually and serve with BBQ sauce. They really go over.

Awesome, thank-you for the feedback everyone! The trial run is under way right now (valid excuse to smoke two weekends in a row)...love this thing!!!

Back