Big Daddy's Chili (Lots of pictures)

Bradley, if you could, would it be possible to get that recipe as well? We are going to a big Bon fire (in a couple weeks) and everyone is to bring a pot of chili. This looks exactly like what I was looking for!
Thanks,
Tim

I'd love that recipe as well. Great looking chili. And some details on your 'side cart'. That thing looks awesome!

Looks great Mark, did you notice any sag in the grill grate? While I also like cooking with the dutch oven on the Weber I notice sag in the grate from all the weight.

I'd love that recipe as well. Great looking chili. And some details on your 'side cart'. That thing looks awesome!
I picked up that cart at Sam's a few years back for about a hundred bucks, and it's worth every penny. It holds most of my grill toys along with all my wood chips and chunks, and is built like a battleship.

Looks great Mark, did you notice any sag in the grill grate? While I also like cooking with the dutch oven on the Weber I notice sag in the grate from all the weight.
No I didn't notice any sagging of my grate. Do you have the grate with the hinged sides?

Looks absolutely wonderful!! It is getting to be that time of the year so I've added this one to the bucket list :).

Best chili recipe ever!!!
I’ve been working on this recipe for years, and I think it’s perfected. I make mine with no beans, but that’s all up to you.
This is the whole shebang, nothing held back, full recipe.

Ingredients
1 gallon Dutch oven
2pounds 90% ground meat
1 pound good pork sausage
4 slices good thick cut bacon
1 warm beer
1 can 18oz tomato puree
1 can tomato paste
1 large or 2 small green peppers course chopped
2 or 3 medium white onions course chopped
3 Tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
dash of cinnamon
oil to coat bottom of Dutch oven
1 package chopped mushrooms
4 cloves garlic chopped fine.
1 can of beans if you like them.
The Cook
• In the Dutch oven coat bottom with olive oil
• Add 4 slices of bacon cut fine
• When the bacon starts to render it's fat add the peppers onions and garlic
• Once the onions start to get color add the ground meat and sausage.
• Cook this until meat is browned.
• Now add the beer just about to where the meat is covered
• Add the can of tomato puree and bring to an easy boil
• Lower the heat a bit and add all your spices.
• Stir everything and let it bubble for a while.
• Now add the tomato paste and stir in thoroughly.
• Add your beans now if you want them.
• Dump in all the mushrooms and cook till they are done.
I think it tastes best after it's cooked for 2 or 3 hours. Even better, cook one day, and serve the next. Trust me it's even better the second day.

Thanks for the recipe Mark, I'll give it a try. One question, when you added the wood, did you put the Kettle Lid on? Or at any other time was the Kettle Lid on? What about the chili pot? Did you ever have the lid on during the cook?

Thanks for the recipe Mark, I'll give it a try. One question, when you added the wood, did you put the Kettle Lid on? Or at any other time was the Kettle Lid on? What about the chili pot? Did you ever have the lid on during the cook?
Sorry about taking so long to get back to you. I don't put the lid on. To be honest, I broke my lid a year ago.

Back