Big bad Beef short ribs

Maclane Jones

TVWBB Fan
20160227_081410_zpsvq6pfair.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]cooked at 250 for 7 hours they are big bad beefy I used 3 base ball size pieces of wood need more. the pan in the picture with tin foil where smoked the others ones where grilled on the keetle for 4.5 hours they both were good but the smoked ones the fat had rendered more. read to try again. plus I learned how to post pictures had to wait till the kids got home

Nice those ribs look goooood. Were you able to get a smoke ring? I cook them uncut with the slab split in half, but I think next time im going to either cook whole not split or cut each rib individually. Ive made them about 10 times on my propane cooker and once on my WSM 18.5" which I have only done 4 cooks on. There was no smoke ring when I cooked them on my WSM and very small ring,sometimes none, when I made them on propane smoker. On the WSM they cooked at 240 a majority of the cook for about 6 hours using about 5 baseball wood chunks in total, they were very tender, but I thought they lacked flavor. So I am determined to try them again.

Nice....!!!!

Just one questions though, did they come pre-cut? If not, why did you cut them? Just curious.

So Joe I didn't have a big smoke ring used 2 pieces of pecan and one apple it needed more .I used salt and pepper it had a good taste but I would use some garlic onion and chill peppers next time

Mac they did come in a cyro pack of 3 whole beef Plate ribs so 9 ribs total idid cut them down. Next time probably will cook them whole. In the picture that was 20.70 pounds of beef ribs i.payed 66 dollars for that pack I never have seen them that big hopefully that helps

:wsm::kingsford::smokeyjoe:

Mac they did come in a cyro pack of 3 whole beef Plate ribs so 9 ribs total idid cut them down. Next time probably will cook them whole. In the picture that was 20.70 pounds of beef ribs i.payed 66 dollars for that pack I never have seen them that big hopefully that helps

:wsm::kingsford::smokeyjoe:

Thank you sir, was just curious. I was always told to do them whole but that's a helluva lot of ribs!

Back