Better Way to Plug the Vent Holes

NickB

TVWBB Member
Greetings Learned Forum:

I just took the plunge and ordered an Auber for my 18" WSM. Isn't it funny how 20% off can make us jump? Anyway, I remember reading a thread regarding the plugging of the two vent holes that won't be used. Auber sends their unit with tape for this purpose. Someone on our forum mentioned the use of some sort of caps, possibly electrical, that fit perfectly and make for a more secure seal.

Does anyone remember this? Has anyone else tried it? If not, any other suggestions? If anyone happens to know the diameter of the bottom vent holes on an 18", I can poke around at HD/Lowes and report back. As always, your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

NickB

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NickB:
Greetings Learned Forum:

I just took the plunge and ordered an Auber for my 18" WSM. Isn't it funny how 20% off can make us jump? Anyway, I remember reading a thread regarding the plugging of the two vent holes that won't be used. Auber sends their unit with tape for this purpose. Someone on our forum mentioned the use of some sort of caps, possibly electrical, that fit perfectly and make for a more secure seal.

Does anyone remember this? Has anyone else tried it? If not, any other suggestions? If anyone happens to know the diameter of the bottom vent holes on an 18", I can poke around at HD/Lowes and report back. As always, your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

NickB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used twice for the first time this past weekend. Its works really well, very efficient with the K and the patented attachment is easy to put on and take off. You will be very please. I have to build a stand for it and a plastic air tight container so that it is protected form them elements during overnight cooks and during rainy weather.

Back