Best Brisket ever!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Solin

TVWBB Super Fan
Put two briskets on Saturday night, 11:00pm. One prime one choice. Put prime on top the choice below, both about 10lbs. Used dannys rub, full load of Kingsford, two handfulls of mesquite chunks. Two vents just cracked, one open about a third. Checked about 6:30am, brinkman water pan about half empty, 200 degrees on upper lid. Put in polder in top brisket, hit 171 degrees. Added water and charcoal, srayed with apple juice, opened vents a little, temp worked its ways on upper lid to close to 240-250. Pulled both about 1:15pm when temp was running 185-189 depending on where you tested. Wrapped in foil and insulating material and let sit for a couple of hours. Removed point and refrigerated until dinner. Sliced a bunch and nuked it a little to warm and served. Our friends are now going to buy a WSM. Best Brisket I have ever tasted. Wish I could have turned it in next week at Winthrop!

ps-Ryan put on two at 7:00pm, didn't watch temp close, did not refill water pan before hitting rack. In the morning the WSM was 70 degrees. Must have burned out the charcoal. Threw both away. Old age and treachery will win every time.

Duck and Ryan
Jack and I won't be at Winthrop because travel plans have changed for Memphis. You guys give'n hell and win it!!
Jim

dang, just stocked up with Gentlemans J and a handle of Makers, looked like it might get cold Friday and Saturday nite. Will get that prime brisket to you next time.

Hey Jim,
Sorry to here you won't be there, man.
But you've got a good reason. That should be really fun.
Give em hell
John
p.s.
Duck, Since Jim and Jack won't be around
if ya need some help with that
booze just let me know.

We'll catch you all at Red Hook.
Have a good time, hope it doesn't snow. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Jim

Called Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday, Highway 20
just opened, weekend forcast is in high 60's maybe in the 70's, sunny, cool at night.

Been working on a family chili receipe last night, looking good, will warm up the night, but be sure to be downwind.

Hey Duck,
That's good news thanks for checking that out.
See Ya there.
John

Yeah Juju, I think we're going to need some help with the booze. :)

We'll be tough to miss. Just look for the UofO fans.

Hi Ryan,
Oh know you guys from the Paul Kirk Judges class
in Oregon. Nice cooker. Looking forward to seeing
you guys there.
Thanks
John
Smokestack Lightnin'

I'm planning on around 3 or 4 pm or sooner
if things go better.
John

We are leaving the Home of the Ducks around 4-5 in the morning, heading up I-5 past Seattle and are going to try Highway 20. Don't really know ETA, how is traffic in Seattle, how many taverns and bars between here and Wintrop?

Well there is a bar(s) within 5 minutes or less of most every exit. They are all great and I would suggest you visit them all and let us know which is best.

Load up and headed out for Winthrop, but it was not meant to be. Massive electrical melt down on the new trailer /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Nice weekend to fix it at least. At least I'm close enough to push my Klose to RedHook /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
~Teddy Bear

Congrats to Badges, Brews & BBQ?s, Rick Naug, Jim Minion, Jack and team. Was it Jim and Jacks Chicken that did so well at JD? Inquiring minds want to know. All I can tell you is there is just a touch of honey in their sauce /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Memphis in May Results
Anything But ? Poultry
1. Sicilian Smokers Memphis, TN
2. Porker Power Memphis, TN
3. Badges, Brews & BBQ?s Edgewood, WA
~Teddy Bear
See y'all at Red Hook except the lame duck is going where it's warm and dry. Must not care for the liquid sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back