Beer.

Drinkin a Stella Artois. Its skunky.

They say beer gets skunky because its been exposed to light, that's what the scientists say. But we bought this Stella at Sams. It was an 18 pak and inside a cardboard container. Should've been protected from the light.

But maybe its the green bottles that's its packaged in ? IDK, but its a bit disappointing, as Stella is pretty good lager.

Protected from light doesn't mean protected from age and mishandling.

Next time, buy your beer from a store that might actually care. Better yet, cash out, rent a reefer and make a Wisconsin run. ;)

Last edited:
I haven't seen this around here yet but I'll bet I could get the local store to track some down:

I have the attitude but not the turtleneck... ;)

I haven't seen this around here yet but I'll bet I could get the local store to track some down:

I have the attitude but not the turtleneck... ;)

Oh, yum. I'll try practically anything that's aged in oak.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on an all-electric all-grain malt brewing system. These things have gotten to the point that I'm going to abandon my plan to build a Brutus-10 gas-fired clone. And it'll let me brew year round in the basement.

Why is there an oatmeal stout beer, but not an oatmeal porter beer?
I dunno, but I went beer shopping yesterday and found the stout that made me love stouts. One finger chocolaty head, looks and is thick as used motor oil, still my favorite. And this one was brewed last month. I don't mind aging on a stout, but fresh is good too-1473894146_Resized_20210306_155622_2754584_resized.jpeg

I dunno, but I went beer shopping yesterday and found the stout that made me love stouts. One finger chocolaty head, looks and is thick as used motor oil, still my favorite. And this one was brewed last month. I don't mind aging on a stout, but fresh is good tooView attachment 23698
I'll just checked, I can get this delivered. I'll get it later this year.

Oh, yum. I'll try practically anything that's aged in oak.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on an all-electric all-grain malt brewing system. These things have gotten to the point that I'm going to abandon my plan to build a Brutus-10 gas-fired clone. And it'll let me brew year round in the basement.
Let me know when you need an objective 3rd-party review of your work.;)

What's the difference between a porter and stout?

Speaking as a drinker and not a brewer, but porters are thinner than stouts, they're both brewed with dark malts but stout has more body. And because of the heavier malt, they have more sugars, thus they will have a higher ABV. This Yeti is 9.5, I have some Founders KBS that's 11%, and a local imperial stout I enjoy is 13%.

But that's as far as I will guess, maybe a brewer will come along and detail us.

Late to the party but my go-to beers are Corona, Modelo, Boulevard and Miller Lite in the 16oz wide mouth aluminum bottle.
Just a friendly tip:
If your 'beer frig' has room for left over food then you need more beer!

Lynn has a pretty good explanation..... beer styles are decidedly subjective.

It's gonne be a couple of months before I get the brewery and get it wired into the house. And I'll definitely make a couple of trial runs before showing it outside of my local "testers" & homebrew club.

Why is there an oatmeal stout beer, but not an oatmeal porter beer?
Oatmeal added to a mash will lend more body, and a thicker mouthfeel which classically is not a characteristic of porter. More body and the lines between porter and stout are muddled. Also, as I recall the biggest difference between porter and stout were the addition of black roast or patent malt. More acrid, slightly bitter malt additions(very small quantities overall) compared to the roasty/toasty malts of porter. Along with more base malt in the stout to bring the body/sweetness up to help balance it all out. Hopefully I'm not geeking too much. Been a homebrewer for 12 years.

Pretty much the only thing I miss about living in CA is the beer. Not much going on down here unless you're a BMC fan. We get some bells distro along with some limited founders but not much else. So many fantastic breweries in norcal and Oregon. Even a large brewery like sierra nevada I took for granted. Man I'd love a bigfoot about now.

Back