beer can chicken

ChuckUtch

What are your preferences on selection of beer for beer can chicken. I myself am a Ipa guy. I did get a "make my own 6pack "with a variety of styles. I'm using a Cajun rub on one, and a brown sugar bourbon on the other. I do have some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel ale I could use also.

There's 2 camps on this. One anti-beer can chicken and one pro. If you say you are against it the pro side looks at you like you punched a baby. I say do what you enjoy. There are components of flavor that are impossible to measure. I can give one word of warning. A buddy of mine got the bright idea to do a beer-can turkey with Foster's can. When they were taking the turkey off he spilled the scalding hot beer all down his legs and got 2nd degree burns. On the plus side, they said it was the best turkey they ever had. I think all the other booze they drank leading up to this might have led to that particular conclusion.

There's 2 camps on this. One anti-beer can chicken and one pro. If you say you are against it the pro side looks at you like you punched a baby. I say do what you enjoy. There are components of flavor that are impossible to measure. I can give one word of warning. A buddy of mine got the bright idea to do a beer-can turkey with Foster's can. When they were taking the turkey off he spilled the scalding hot beer all down his legs and got 2nd degree burns. On the plus side, they said it was the best turkey they ever had. I think all the other booze they drank leading up to this might have led to that particular conclusion.

:)

LOL, that's purty gud

Did a few, didn't see a big difference, but I never plugged the neck area as some now suggest.
It's supposed to hold in the steam. Use a potato, onion, lemon or???

Back