TOM BAUER

TVWBB Pro
The home page of the forum got me hungry---

P1010244.JPG

P1010244.JPG

P1010248.JPG

P1010246.JPG

Last edited:
Where did you get them dinosaur bones?!?! Lord I have never seen such ribs. Only beef ribs I can get are skimpy ole things that ain't worth messing with.

Beef Ribs

Where did you get them dinosaur bones?!?! Lord I have never seen such ribs. Only beef ribs I can get are skimpy ole things that ain't worth messing with.

Our Local Fred Meyer (Kroegrer) sells beef short ribs cut to 2" lengths. I caught a butcher in the meat section, and asked him if they came already cut up or if they cut them, he said they cut them from the whole rib so I asked if I could buy them before they cut them up, he said sure so that is what I got.

The weather here has been rainy so I decided to use the performer, as it handles rain better than the WSM. They are on now and the temp is holding steady so far at 250. Correction, 300
I'll post some pictures a little later.

Last edited:
Thanks Tom, as expensive as short ribs are around here I doubt I'll be able to get that done anytime soon unless I catch em on sale, but maybe that will work out and I can try it.

The weather Sunday at our house-
P1010250.JPG

After the trim-
P1010254.JPG

Fire Started-
P1010257.JPG

I used my performer and it held steady at 300.
Cooked and rotated a couple of times, foiled for 1 hour, then sauced and let go for another hour. had a pleasant interruption during my photo shoot-
P1010264.JPG

Plated on the cutting board, one was all I needed-
P1010275.JPG

Thanks for looking-

Last edited:

Back