BB's, meatballs, and ABT's w/ pics

Jim Quinn

TVWBB Fan
Smoked a meaty slab of pork bb ribs yesterday, 5 hours, only my rub applied a few times during the smoke, Also did some homemade meatballs I smoked for an hour, then tossed in the crockpot with a grqape jelly and chili sauce combo. Also a couple hot ABT's with some of the meatball mix as filling. Good food for football watching.

bb's:
kool046.jpg

kool048.jpg

metballs:
kool035.jpg

ABT:

kool045.jpg

TBS:

kool027.jpg

thanks for looking.

thanks don, they were really meaty.

with this heatwave here in Chicago(compared to the last couple weekends when I was smoking in below zero temps), i am going to be firing up the WSM again today, not sure what yet, gotta hit the store.

thanks guys,

leftover rib meat will be turned into a udon noodle dish with some homemade stock I have for tuedays supper.

just put a artichokoe and krab dip on the smoker as well as a chuckie. Next on is some bacon wrapped chicken thighs.

Wow. What's inside your ABTs?. You know what's even better than bacon-wrapped chicken thighs? -- Bacon-wrapped bacon. Mmmmm.

Nice looking meal,Jim.One question,What is the recipe for the grapejelly and the chili sauce?
I think I'm going to try this over the weekend.
Thanks Chuck

Originally posted by Chuck Dugas:
Nice looking meal,Jim.One question,What is the recipe for the grapejelly and the chili sauce?
Thanks Chuck

thanks chuck

really compliments the smokey meatballs.

I used about 3/4 a jar of grape jelly, 3/4 a jar of chili sauce, 1 tbsp ketchup, & added some lea and perrins, and some soy sauce(maybe 1 tsp each). Heated it on the stovetop to melt the jelly down, then put it in the corck pot and added the meatballs, let them sit in there off the smoker for maybe an hour before eating. hope that helps.

jim

Originally posted by Jim Quinn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck Dugas:
Thanks Chuck

thanks chuck

really compliments the smokey meatballs.

I used about 3/4 a jar of grape jelly, 3/4 a jar of chili sauce, 1 tbsp ketchup, & added some lea and perrins, and some soy sauce(maybe 1 tsp each). Heated it on the stovetop to melt the jelly down, then put it in the corck pot and added the meatballs, let them sit in there off the smoker for maybe an hour before eating. hope that helps.

Thanks Jim,that sure helped me out.
Chuck.

jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back