BBQ Tongue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Must have been un-slung. Always insist on slung chittlin's <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Slung, smung!!! I wouldn't eat them again if I was one Fear Factor playing for $50K

Honestly Larry....Everyone (almost) has had hotdogs...I've had a few myself...Butt, hardly ever anymore...I know what's in that stuff! This can go on and on...What they eat..etc...Bottom line is, everyone draws the line somewhere
icon_smile.gif

Since we're on the topic of weird foods. You ever eat halibut cheeks? They're really good with the flavor of halibut and the texture of crab. On the other end of the spectrum is jellied moose nose. I didn't care for that but I don't like any jellied meats. Not to knock Alaskan ethnic foods but I also don't care for salmon hearts or Northern ice cream (lard, whitefish and blueberries whipped together). Don't ever touch fermented beaver tail. Sorry, you got me started on strange foods.

Griff

Hmmm, what an interesting string of messages. I just have to add that my parents used to boil beef tongue (on rare occassion since all us kids didn't want to touch it ... much less eat it) and then fry it. I must admit, its not too bad (but not my first pick off the menu).

Sometimes my dad would stir fry it with veggies (like tomatoes and onions) and the liquid would be tomatoe sauce. Wasn't too bad that way, either. Again, wouldn't be my first selection off the menu.

I'll throw another good one out there. What about brains and eggs? My Dad swears by squirrel brains and eggs my Grandmother used to make. Had a buddy that would do it back in my squirrel hunting days but I couldn't bring myself to try it.

Now that would take alot of squirrels to have squirrel brains 'n' eggs!! My dad also likes brains and eggs, I am like you J, I couldn't try it!

OK...not gonna eat no cheeks, head cheese, tongue, snapper LOL, brains, or rocky mountain oysters/nuts LOL. HOWEVER, I did eat Gaegogi....which is fried dog meat....had it when I was stationed in South Korea for 15months back in the mid 90's....................MMMMM rover
icon_smile.gif

This is a topic that takes me back to when I was little. Being raised in Kentucky I do know a thing or 2 about weird food. Brains & eggs, souse, ect were part of everyday life. I remember my mother giving a shave to hog heads before cooking, "you better sit down for this" homemade souse. Every tupperware bowl in the house was used, oh my lord. Grossed me out to the point of throwing tantrums if they wanted me to eat it. I can smell brains cooking a mile away and there is know way to get them past my nose. Yes I like rabbit, quail, dove, but I draw the line on headcheese.

Q-Do you know how you cook kidney?
A-You boil the pee out of them.

Q-do you know how to cook chitterlings?
A-You cook the $hi! out of them. ARRRghhh!
DP

I'm happy to say I don't know anything about 'em, but that doesn't stop me from commenting
icon_biggrin.gif

Could you boil it just enough to get the skin off, then put it in the smoker?

Bryan, you think that is funny??? Just wait till I kiss my sister!!
icon_eek.gif

Just kidding of course, I am from Virginia....... not West by God Virginia!

OK............Susan...........lets see a pic of you kissing your sister....

icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

is she cute LOL...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back