BBQ/Grilling Cookbooks

This recipe that I wanted (pg. 180,181) thank goodness, is on-line and I don't have to do all that typing. It is for PORK RIBS, so I will post it on the PORK thread.

If you mean putting together a grill, no. Choosing a gas or charcoal, yes, he prefers a gas grill.
During a very early televised segment, he had a "little" problem putting together and using a WSM on aire !

Joan, I have no system but my memory. I've used my books so often that I don't really need to categorize. I also have relatively few.

One of my absolute favorites is "Breath of a Wok" by Grace Young. She helped make me a better cook.

My cookbook I will be using for awhile is "The Barbecue Bible" by Steven Raichlen-1998 . Back later.

1705106393432.png

Last edited:
The first part of the book is devoted to why he wrote the book, and about bbqing around the world and such. When it gets into recipes, there are about 15 pages of non-alcoholic/alcoholic drink recipes. The next chapter is "Warm-Ups" (apps., dips and such) On the first page of that chapter is this. "Even an old boot tastes good if it is cooked over charcoal-Italian Proverb).

Very good, I agree. But the single most dog-eared book in my collection is his BBQ USA. Followed by The Tex-Mex Cookbook that I described earlier here. The latter is my most used and a key reference. Still available on Amazon.

Very good, I agree. But the single most dog-eared book in my collection is his BBQ USA. Followed by The Tex-Mex Cookbook that I described earlier here. The latter is my most used and a key reference. Still available on Amazon.
I forgot the pic. But this only shows clearly about a quarter of the dog-ears. Maybe limits the usefulness? But I just found so much of interest.20240114_130150.jpg

Rich, I have had quite a few recipes in his BBQ USA cookbook marked for a long time. Maybe if you recommend some, it might give me the shove that I need. lol

"
Rich, I have had quite a few recipes in his BBQ USA cookbook marked for a long time. Maybe if you recommend some, it might give me the shove that I need. lol
Sorry, but I now tend to use recipes for ideas, not instructions. That was my first bbq Cookbook, and both the info and lots of recipes were attractive. As for The Everything Tex-Mex Cookbook by Linda Larson, I'm now guessing my post about it may have been in Recipes.

Back