BBQ Area, show me yours.

d kyser

I am going to build a place to BBQ, I am using my porch that I modify by putting up plywood 4' high around the 3 open sides to serve as a wind break, the 4th side is the house. I do use caution and have grill sheets on the ground under the smoker.

I live in NW pa so lots of snow, wind and cold during the winter which is when I have a chance to BBQ.

I have a Weber natural gas grill and 2 WSM, 1 18 and a 22.

Want some ideas on what to build, I do not want it attatched to the house for safety reasons.

Here's mine...

FamilyPortrait.jpg

The patio came first, then a gasser, then the kettle, then the WSM, then the gasser was sold, then the Performer.

Not much snow here and when it does it's gone in a day or two. The corner of my patio walls and the house (behind from where the picture was taken) act as a pretty good windbreak.

Here's an old setup...pre gasser sale, WSM and Performer.

IMG_1059.jpg

wsmsmile8gm.gif

I would but if you've seen one cement slab you've seen them all.
icon_smile.gif
Good luck with your build

My site isn't that pretty either, but since my house backs up to a hill, I have a 4 foot wide concrete walkway between my house and the retaining wall. This makes for a good wind-break. (I’m also able to easily see the wsm thermometer from inside the house.) d kyser: when you build your smoking spot, keep this in mind. Wind, not cold is your enemy here. Good luck.

D,there are a couple of threads in the charcoal and gas grill sections. They show some outdoor grill areas,including the inspiration for the one I'm going to build in the spring. There was also a link to the BGE site,with some cool grilling and q-ing areas. HTH PS_when I get it built,I will post some pics.

It's on my to-do list.

Right now I got nuthin' but an unfinished grass backyard. Looking to put in a patio this spring and that'll pretty much be it.

Back