Bacon Wrapped Strip Steaks

Joe V

TVWBB Fan
Gave these a whirl on Saturday night and they came out quite tasty but next time I'll use thick-cut bacon.

Let these bad boys rest on the counter for 90 minutes, then a light coat of EVOO followed by liberal doses of Montreal Steak seasoning.

20161126_171316_zpsff5lndwl.jpg

Charcoals almost ready...

20161126_180416_zpsggzauj9u.jpg

Steak internal temps about to be checked with my MK4 - temperatures prior to removal from grill: 140* for me, 155* for mini-me and 160* for SHMBO. Time to eat!

20161126_182847_zpstybl58jp.jpg

gotta tell ya Joe, when i saw your headline, "Bacon Wrapped Strip Steaks".... i thought: That's gonna be a lotta bacon.
then i saw how you wrapped'em.

Looks like the steaks came out just nice!
I prefer the 140 (or lower) one please.

(i have an internal problem grilling a fine steak anywhere close to well done... but that's just me ;) )

Those steaks do look wonderful. Do agree that med rare is the best way to go. My SWMBO prefers meat at least medium but as you said, gotta keep her happy. Good cook there.

I've found myself moving away from the black and blue super rare and more toward the medium rare in the last few years. My wife likes them "done to death"! Sometimes,it's an interesting dance to get them both right but, it's doable.
Just had breakfast and now I want a steak! You guys are killin'me!

Great looking steaks Joe. Barb and I figure if we don't have to chase it around the plate and it doesn't scream when you stick a fork in it it's done.

Those look great Joe! Mini-me couldn't be too mini to eat one of those!

Laughing! Yeah, mini-me is a hungry 24 year old who finished his steak and then the next day took the remaining half of the lovely Mrs. Joe V's steak back to his apartment. :rolleyes:

Those look perfect.

I'd pull mine after the reverse sear at ~120f, and I'd rest the 2nd half while I ate the first :)

Thanks for all the kind words, friends. It was my 1st try at something a little different and was fun too. :)

Back