Back to the Brinkmann bowl for longer cooks

Claude M

TVWBB Super Fan
Most likely been discussed when the new 18" came out. I just started getting back into smoking frequently again using the new version of the 2820 (gave my 2820 to nephew, purchased a new one for mysel). I noticed for longer cooks, the bowl that comes with the new 18" is too big now. It hits my pile of coals and chunks, so back to the goldilocks of bowls the Brinkmann charcoal bowl. I still use the water, I have the 14" clay dish, but never took the time to learn how to get good results with it. Used it once, it cooked too fast, wasn't around to get the butts off and they kinda dried out a little (not much, very forgiving cut).

The Brinkman bowl works great for overnight cooks. I've never had to refill it. I use the smaller stock bowl for shorter cooks (I have an 08 smoker). It's a little easier to clean when finished.

Brinkman pan is all I use anymore in my 2012 18" WSM. I also found when using the oem Weber pan it was sitting directly on the coals smothering them not allowing my temps to rise.

I like the Brinkman pan too. I don't use water except for ribs but the pan is a much better design.

Silly question perhaps, but where does one get just the Brinkmann pan to use w/an 18.5"WSM? I mean, I don't want to go out and buy a Brinkmann just to use its water pan in my far superior Weber.

Silly question perhaps, but where does one get just the Brinkmann pan to use w/an 18.5"WSM? I mean, I don't want to go out and buy a Brinkmann just to use its water pan in my far superior Weber.

HERE is the link to Amazon. You can also order direct from Brinkmann.

If you have an Academy Sport near you, they usually stock the ECB charcoal pans. The one I bought in 2005 finally burned through last year. This time I bought two at $6 each and stacked them. One of these days I might just drill the rim and insert bolts/nuts as spacers, but for now they are simply stacked.

Back