Avocado burger and a chucky

Al Ramirez III

TVWBB Member
Grilled up some burgers and avocados. I coated them lightly with EVOO and grilled them on my weber gasser. The cast iron grates made lovely grill marks. I made an avocado burger with lettuce and meunster cheese. Grilling the avocados did really soften them up and they tasted great! Seasoned the burgers with bovine bold and I also threw a chuck on the kettle to smoke with pecan which I hadn't smoked with before. I must say the pecan smoke was great and I think it might be my new favorite smoking wood. The wood doesn't seem as dense as hickory or mesquite so the chunks didn't last as long as the mesquite I normally use. But no problem I have a big bag and just threw on another few. Chucky was a little dry but thats my fault for buying a smaller one and I definately won't skimp on my chucks anymore. It was maybe a 1.6lber and shrunk alot so I didn't get much for my effort but hey I'm not picky and I'll be having a pulled chuck sandwich for lunch today. Loved the pecan. Chuck was done in exactly 4hrs.

10-9-10006.jpg

10-9-10007.jpg

10-9-10010.jpg

10-9-10011.jpg

10-9-10003.jpg

10-9-10002.jpg

10-9-10005.jpg

10-9-10012.jpg

Good looking food Al. Pecan is great for many meats. It is a part of the hickory family but not as intense. I use a lot of it as I have a friend who has to trim his pecan trees every year
icon_wink.gif
. Try it sometime with chicken; it's a great combo.

Paul

Nice AL!
What temp did you cook the roast at?
The pulled beef looks Awesome!
...and that burger would be gone in SECONDS if in front of me
icon_biggrin.gif

Great looking burgers and chuckie Al!

I have several types of wood for smoking, but almost always reach for the pecan or apple, and sometimes both.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Nice AL!
What temp did you cook the roast at?
The pulled beef looks Awesome!
...and that burger would be gone in SECONDS if in front of me
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I put the roast on immediately after adding my hot coals for the minion and smoke wood. Then I bring the kettle up to temp slowly to 350-375 I do that to set the smoke ring. Works great. Foiled at 160 and pulled it around 200ish.

Back