Ash Sweeper removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Dukes

TVWBB Member
Has anybody removed an old 1 touch ash removal system? I tried to unscrew the thumbscrew but managed to simply twist the head off. I also noticed that the hex body seems to have welded itself to the washer that goes up against the barrel to hold the unit on. I believe that I can drill out the rest of the thumbscrew but I have no idea how I might get the rest of the unit off. If anybody has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks-
Don

i have. it was a pain.

i had the same issue. the thumbscrew simply broke off.

My first attempt, i drilled out the whole where the thumbscrew was - but it still didn't break loose.

i ended up using a dremel and cutting off the bottom nut.

Thanks Troy. Did you cut it just above where the washer is so that you could separate it from the barrel?

Thanks-
Don

I just did this last weekend using a Dremel cutoff wheel. Rather than trying to burn through the nut, I cut through the rod arm. With a diameter of a pencil figured it would be a lot faster.
icon_wink.gif
Then just pushed the sweeper assembly up into the bowl and out it comes.

Dremmel tool, when you replace it make sure to get the one touch system for a performer, I hear they are stainless steel, a little more $ but you won't have to worry about it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back