Are coolers dishwasher safe?

Jamieson S

TVWBB Fan
Have a smaller 28 qt cooler I use to hold meat after it is done. Thing is filthy from being outside and as it is too cold to get the hoses going, and too large to easily handle in my sink, do you think I could pop it in the dishwasher (just turn off the drying cycle)?
Jamie

Don't run it through the drying cycle, otherwise you should be fine. I would try to get as much grease out before the wash, grease causes a lot of build up in sewer lines.
Jim

Thanks Jim. There is no grease in it as I always saran and foil meat before it goes in, just dirty from being out in the weather. Shouldn't be tough to clean, so a simple rinse cycle should work. Will post if this ends up being famous last words
icon_wink.gif

Excited to get my first smoke of spring underway. 21.8 lbs of shoulder and 2.5 lbs of hot links for games tomorrow. Got a pot of Paul Kirk's Memphis style sauce recipe simmering as I type, and may to a Lexington/Piedmont as well
icon_smile.gif

Jamie

I usually do mine in the wash tub in my basement. It dosent fit completely in there but with one of those clip on rubber hoses I picked up at ACE works pretty well for cleaning

Just an FYI, the cooler in the dishwasher worked just fine. Though was tough to fit a 28 qt cooler in my dishwasher, looks a lot smaller out side than it does when trying to shove it in the washer. Just had to remove my top rack.
Jamie

Back