Appetizers…

I had to look it up and now I want some. Where exactly are you? :)

Mettwurst (German: [ˈmɛtˌvʊʁst] ) is a strongly flavored German sausage made from raw minced pork preserved by curing and smoking, often with garlic. The southern German variety is soft and similar to Teewurst. Braunschweiger mettwurst is partially smoked but still soft and spreadable, while other northern German varieties such as Holsteiner are harder and more akin to salami, due to longer duration of smoking.

Appetizers are often something I would rather have as my meal that a regular dinner meal. Those look great.

I had to look it up and now I want some. Where exactly are you? :)
My mettwurst comes from a place in Roger’s City, there isn’t any place around here for them to be honest. I spent hours looking around in Milwaukee and couldn’t find them! I love Plath’s, John is my pal for a week+:while we are at the cottage!

My mettwurst comes from a place in Roger’s City, there isn’t any place around here for them to be honest. I spent hours looking around in Milwaukee and couldn’t find them! I love Plath’s, John is my pal for a week+:while we are at the cottage!
Remember being introduced to metwurst in Germany. Had never seen or heard of it prior. But, oh boy I loved it

That’s a great looking meal.
I love appies.
I sometimes just order from the appetizer menu for my meal.
When I find myself at a happy hour that has free or half priced appetizers and low cost booze I’m in heaven.
We used to go to Mission Rock (near Pacbell park) on the water during happy hour and be completely full of food and booze for 30-40 dollars a person and I use to drink a lot.
Brisket dip sounds interesting and I now want some.

There is a place in Aurora, not far from me, called Wurst Kitchen.
They make a good Mettwurst.
My German Grandmother used to know all the good sausage places around Bridgeport/Back of the Yards/Canaryville.

I don't know if this is similar enough to brisket dip, but my local Wally World carries something they call "Marketside Smokehouse Burnt Ends Dip". I've found the Wally World dip to be good on crackers or celery. I'll have to bribe one of my Costco friends to see if I can get some brisket dip to compare.

Timothy, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

18 reply's - I don't remember seeing more than that on 1 post.

Back