Anything but Ribs..

Chris E

TVWBB Pro
per wife's request I went with brisket--16lb packer. Used "almost-high-heat" method or as hot as I could get it with a stick in the lid.

Kept fat side down on rack and in foil and bark came out pretty nice but definitely not crunchy. Cut the point into 4 parts and gave them another 90 min on the rack with more rub and a touch of sauce at the end.

brisket_july4_2012_%20002.jpg

KISS method on the meal for the two of us with red potato salad and cornbread muffins. (Polestar Pilsener from LeftHand BC in Colorado not shown)

brisket_july4_2012_%20004.jpg

Ill take a plate of that...I hope the fires are staying away from your grill...May the rain come sooner then later.

Originally posted by Kim Drana:
Ill take a plate of that...I hope the fires are staying away from your grill...May the rain come sooner then later.

I personally haven't been impacted by the fires in Colorado other than being told not to use my stove one night camping. Thanks for the nod to all those who lost everything to one of the many epic fires here. Thank God we are looking at cooler weather and rain by the weekend. It's a tragic loss of beautiful forest in many areas as well.

HH method has been pretty consistent for me and the bark being softer is fine with me. I go simple on the rub but use really good Red Chile from Chimayo New Mexico. Salt, pepper, onion powder, mustard powder and not too much rub.

Back