Anyone Using Weber Craft Accessories on the SF?

Jon B

TVWBB Member
I was wondering if anyone is using Weber Craft accessories and if so, which ones you found particularly useful on the SF?

My SF came with the frame and sear grid. I don't really use the sear grid when I sear and I was eyeing the griddle and the pizza stone. I couldn't tell if the griddle would be large enough to be useful and if the pizza stone worked better as part of he craft system vs. a pizza stone placed on top of the grill grates.

I'm surprised no one chimed in yet. I know there are a few SmokeFire owners with the craft system. I have cast iron grates so no need for a sear grate. So far, the only pizza I made was with a large cast iron skillet and it turned out perfect.

I'm surprised no one chimed in yet. I know there are a few SmokeFire owners with the craft system. I have cast iron grates so no need for a sear grate. So far, the only pizza I made was with a large cast iron skillet and it turned out perfect.

I have that cast iron pizza on my list.

I'm also surprised there hasn't been more feedback on crafted items and SmokeFire.

I like the food I've gotten from my Camp Chef griddle when camping. In fact, I left my grates at home and did everything on the griddle. I don't have the urge to use a griddle a lot at home and the crafted griddle isn't as large. Since I imagine using the griddle would be a lid open deal, I would think pellet usage would be very high.

The grill basket might be useful, or I could just buy a second grill tray for $30.

I might be interested in the pizza stone because I'm not always enthusiastic about my CI maintenance, but the $100 price tag is a lot to swallow (for any of them). That's kind of funny because I had no problem ponying up for the ELX 6. I guess I'm not sure if the value is there and might bite if they ever go on sale.

I have the Genesis 335S Crafted, so bought the Crafted Kit for my Smokefire Ex4 1st Gen. Have the Crafted Sear Grate, Roasting Basket, Rotisserie Skewers & Basket, Pizza Stone & Flat Top Plancha and found the Flat Top Plancha & Roasting basket is about the only thing that works nearly as well on the Smokefire as the Genesis.

Tried them all out on the Smokefire except rotisserie & they're great accesories but really only the roasting basket was equivalent to how it worked against the Genesis and the flat top plancha (but not as hot as the Genesis). Everything else didn't work nearly as well as the Genesis does, mainly for heat reasons. Get up to 900F on the Genesis compared to a little over 600F on the Smokefire tops and a gas grill keeps temp better than the Smokefire if you need to keep the lid open for say the plancha, find it makes a big difference.

If you have a gas grill that has Crafted then maybe worth looking at the kit for the Smokefire, but as a standalone except for the size of the plancha then nothing really you can't already do with the GBS accessories for the Smokefire imho' Hoping they will bring out a full sized griddle plate for the Smokefire like they have for the Genesis and Spirit though

p.s. the Crafted or glazed pizza stones are so much better than the old plain cordierite pizza stones they used to sell for doing pizzas, its just the Genesis does better Pizzas overall than the Smokefire in my experience

Last edited:
I have the Genesis 335S Crafted, so bought the Crafted Kit for my Smokefire Ex4 1st Gen. Have the Crafted Sear Grate, Roasting Basket, Rotisserie Skewers & Basket, Pizza Stone & Flat Top Plancha and found the Flat Top Plancha & Roasting basket is about the only thing that works nearly as well on the Smokefire as the Genesis.

Tried them all out on the Smokefire except rotisserie & they're great accesories but really only the roasting basket flat top was equivalent to how it worked against the Genesis and the flat top plancha (but not as hot as the Genesis). Everything else didn't work nearly as well as the Genesis does, mainly for heat reasons. Get up to 900F on the Genesis compared to a little over 600F on the Smokefire tops and a gas grill keeps temp better than the Smokefire if you need to keep the lid open for say the plancha, find it makes a big difference.

If you have a gas grill that has Crafted then maybe worth looking at the kit for the Smokefire, but as a standalone except for the size of the plancha then nothing really you can't already do with the GBS accessories for the Smokefire imho' Hoping they will bring out a full sized griddle plate for the Smokefire like they have for the Genesis and Spirit though

p.s. the Crafted or glazed pizza stones are so much better than the old plain cordierite pizza stones they used to sell for doing pizzas, its just the Genesis does better Pizzas overall than the Smokefire in my experience

Thanks for that review and insight! You probably just saved a bunch of people a lot of money.

I never got into the GBS on my Performa or Genesis. I'm kicking myself just a little because I did have a brand new, unopened GBS Wok that I got rid of. I know better than not to hoard grill gear that could one day come in handy for myself or future generations. :)

Thanks for that review and insight! You probably just saved a bunch of people a lot of money.

I never got into the GBS on my Performa or Genesis. I'm kicking myself just a little because I did have a brand new, unopened GBS Wok that I got rid of. I know better than not to hoard grill gear that could one day come in handy for myself or future generations. :)

I have a few GBS accessories as well got the sear grate free with the Smokefire when I purchased it and bought the Wok and Poultry Roaster. The GBS accessories fit the Crafted frame which is useful as the Poultry Roaster and the Wok work well on the Smokefire in my experience.

Also the Roast & rib rack work well on the Smokefire and keeps the roast of the grates and helps the underneath not to burn to much

Best accessory I have for the Smokefire though and the one I use most is the Weber Elevations Tiered Grilling System, makes cracking skewers on the Smokefire, do them suspended above the grate and meat and veg don't spin when turning them, then just drop them on the grill for 5 minutes to crisp up at the end. Definitely my most used accessory on the Smokefire or Genesis .

My CI Skillet spends time on my SF, as does my Emile Henry pizza stone. Does that count?

I was looking at the 14” glazed.
That is the one I have, fantastic stone. I've had it up over 800 degrees and never looked back.

That is the one I have, fantastic stone. I've had it up over 800 degrees and never looked back.

Thanks for the link! Those pizzas are making me hungry!

Back