Anyone from Missouri with UDS?

Colby R

TVWBB Super Fan
Less curious to see if there was anyone on here close to me that's made a UDS or two looking to add one to the fleet and wanted build ideas and parts lists . Thanks in advance

Earl I'm building one this weekend or next weekend good friend of mine just did one few months ago he has big offset smoker used the UDS couple times and is hooked
And making another one so I'm going to make one for extra space when the weber can't hold it all I figure for 75 bucks you can't beat it. He bought everything for first one for 75 said and done so I think it's funny people try and sell them completely for 3 to 400

I ended up paying a little over $200 by the time I was finished with mine. I have it on wheels. It is very a dependable smoker.

IMG_3581.jpg

IMG_3508.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

Earl that is the Cadillac of UDS cool! I would be interested in seeing the kits people prefer? I don't have to go no frills I can put a little money into it according to Internet they make great smokers

Colby, just make sure to take your 22" lid with ya.... that way you can have a top grate like on a OTG/OTS, if you just use the drum's lid you'd have to have your top grate a few inches below the top of the barrel. Not a problem, really, but it's one of my considerations. I haven't built my UDSs yet.

And yeah Earl, that thing is sick! (very nice)

I don't have a 22 inch lid to use or I would ! Can't decide to build my own with store bought parts or buy the big poppas smoker kit I think it looks awesome and I can't find a bad review

have a link? @ $75 it might be worth it, but on their website it's $139.99 before shipping and it doesn't include the barrel.

what town town? I used to work for Warrensburg Fire 96-98 and then did some part time stuff for JCAD when they took over ambulance. I work full time in Blue Springs now as FF/Medic.

Back