Anyone buy from The Wood King on ebay?

G

I have been looking for a good variety of fruit woods (aside from the mesquite I can get at Home Depot) and found the Wood King on Ebay. He sells 10 lbs of kiln dried wood. A variety pack of Alder, Apple, Oak and Maple cost $12 + $8 for S&H.

Has anyone bought from him before? He was very responsive when I asked for a picture (they look like small logs vs. chunks) and said they're are no chips, all chunks/logs. Here is the link for what I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&it...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

If Derek and Tim in West Chester, PA know of anywhere around us to buy fruit wood, let me know.

I had not used this one from ebay, but in the past I have bought from Brigham City, Utah... when I tried to find his current ebay listings I can't see any for him...found it now piratesgold.jerkydirect is his ID.

His woods were all well seasoned, and I enjoyed cookng with them extensively, and they were a good price for what you got IMO.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
If Derek and Tim in West Chester, PA know of anywhere around us to buy fruit wood, let me know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So far I've been using Lowes and HD woods, but later this month I'm going to hit a couple orchards (one in lancaster, on in bucks county) and see if I can buy some apple.

Also Weggmans sells kiln dried hardwood as firewood, but it doesn't say what it is, and I can't tell.

--T

Back